Jackfruit Spring Rolls
Spring rolls are easier to make than you may think! These crispy, savory rolls filled with Chili Lime Jackfruit will impress your guests.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¾ cup julienned carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 package Upton’s Naturals Chili Lime Jackfruit
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 package spring roll pastry sheets not the translucent tapioca sheets
- Vegetable oil for frying
Chili Lime Jackfruit
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Add the cabbage, carrots, garlic, and green onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the cabbage starts to become translucent.
- Add the fresh ginger, jackfruit, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Break up the large pieces of jackfruit and cook for 2 more minutes, then remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Thaw or prepare the spring roll pastry according to the package directions. Depending on the size of the sheets, place 1-2 tablespoons of the filling mixture on the sheet. Tightly roll, as if you’re rolling a small burrito, and seal the edge with water. Repeat until you run out of wrappers or filling.
- Heat 1-2 inches of vegetable oil over medium heat in a deep fryer or heavy cast iron skillet. Fry the spring rolls for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to a cooling rack with a baking sheet or paper bag underneath to catch oil drips.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange spring rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the exteriors are crispy and golden.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.