Mini Bar-B-Que Jackfruit Cornmeal Crust Pies
Bar-B-Que Jackfruit, Ch'eesy Mac and kale all baked in a flaky crust. A creative dish for holiday meals or any night!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package Upton’s Naturals Bar-B-Que Jackfruit
- ½ bunch kale chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup prepared Ch’eesy Mac
- 2 ⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cup cornmeal
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ⅔ cup cold water
- 1 ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Bar-B-Que Jackfruit, Ch’eesy Mac
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan, then add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the jackfruit and kale and cook until the jackfruit is heated through and the kale is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cut in the vegan margarine, and rub into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse pebbles. Add the apple cider vinegar to the cold water, and gradually add the water to the bowl, mixing after each addition until a pastry dough forms. You may not need all of the water.
- Take 1/3 of the pastry dough and set aside. Divide the remaining 2/3 dough into 12 pieces.
- Grease a muffin tin with vegan margarine or oil. Flour a clean surface and roll a ball of dough into a 3-inch circle. Press into a muffin cup. Repeat with the remaining 11 balls of dough.
- Fill each pastry cup 1/4-1/3 of the way full with Ch’eesy Mac, then fill the rest of the way with the jackfruit and kale mixture.
- Divide the remaining dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 2-inch circle, then place on top of each pie. Seal the edges of each pie by pinching, then poke a few holes in the top with a fork. Bake for 30-35 mins or until the edges are golden.