Bar-B-Que Jackfruit Cornbread Muffins
The only thing better than a warm corn muffin is a corn muffin stuffed with Bar-B-Que Jackfruit!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- ½ onion diced
- 1 package Upton’s Naturals Bar-B-Que Jackfruit
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large bowl. Create a well in the center and add the non-dairy milk, canola oil, and applesauce and stir until just combined. Add more non-dairy milk if the batter is too thick.
- Fill a muffin tray with cupcake liners, or grease each cup with canola oil if not using liners. Fill each cup halfway full with the cornbread batter.
- Mix together the diced onion and jackfruit in a small bowl. Place a spoonful of jackfruit on each muffin cup of cornbread batter. Evenly divide the cheese between each muffin cup. Fill the rest of the cups with cornbread batter. Add a pinch of cheese on the top of each muffin, if desired.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins are firm and the edges are golden.