Chili Lime Kale Salad
This hearty kale salad features Chili Lime Jackfruit for a bit of a kick. Serve as a main or side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 bunches kale cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 medium jicama peeled and chopped
- ½ onion diced
- 1 package Upton’s Naturals Chili Lime Jackfruit
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 ear corn cooked and sliced off cob
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado mashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons water
- hot sauce to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chili Lime Jackfruit
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle olive oil on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet. Scatter the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring the potatoes halfway through baking.
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl and add the salt and lime juice. Massage the kale with your hands for 5-6 minutes, until the leaves are tender. Add the tomato, jicama, onion, jackfruit, black beans, roasted sweet potato, and corn.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad, mixing to coat the kale and vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.