Cornmeal Crusted Seitan Nuggets
Forget frozen, these protein-packed seitan nuggets are ready in just a few minutes.
- Canola oil
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 packages Upton’s Naturals Traditional Seitan
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil and coat with a light layer of oil.
- Combine non-dairy milk and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir well. In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, nutritional yeast or Parmesan, garlic powder, parsley, and salt.
- Break the Seitan into bite-sized pieces. Dip each piece in the milk and cornstarch mixture, then roll around in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with each piece. Bake for 15 minutes, flip the pieces, and bake for another 15 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve with marinara for dipping.